Subscribe to me on YouTube

Saturday 9 June 2012

Learning difficulties & how it was in my Grandads day

These days schools are soo much more aware of the various learning difficulties.. They do x,y,z, to help each student study..

My Grandad says that kids are treated to softly these days...
"Oh he's suffers from x.. let cuddle him & draw flowers whilst we speak about his troublesome days in nappies.."
In my day, where I'm from, they didn't acknowledge learning difficulties. You where either deaf, dumb or blind..
and even then, your were expected to learn just the same!!
Blind kids would have to pretend to read just how all the other kids did & if you got something wrong or didn't answer a teacher's question, even if you were deaf, you had to take a beaten just like the rest of us..
Yeah, we were real kids back then, no whinging: 'oh sir I can't read proper, I suffer from dyslexia'...
If youd said something like that in my day the teacher would have said:
'What, shut your wingeing, I'll show you dicklexia'!! (then proceed to do you up the butt!! In front of the class shouting, anyone else think they have dyslexia!? Huh!! Well!! Come on, don't be shy!! There's a good boy, cry those tears now, get it out if your system.. make way for my fluids!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment